When looking for new products for your home, look for those that are a minimum of ENERGY STAR rated. ENERGY Star was created to help consumers easily identify products, homes and buildings that save energy and money, and help protect the environment.
Rebates will not exceed the purchase price.
St. Charles Utility Customers may qualify for our Single Family Home Energy Efficiency Rebates. To be eligible, customers must meet the following conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Qualifying equipment must be installed on property served by St. Charles municipal electric utility and is subject to inspection.
- Rebate offers apply to new equipment only. Reconditioned, refurbished, or second-hand equipment is not eligible for a rebate.
- Attach itemized receipt or invoice for qualifying equipment including the following information:
- Store or contractor name
- Date of purchase or installation
- Make/model of qualifying equipment
- Price of qualifying equipment
- Attach yellow tag showing ENERGY STAR emblem if applicable.
- Attach LED light bulb/fixture information showing actual watts used and output wattage. (i.e. 9w used/60w output)
- Attach building permit for heating and cooling equipment where noted.
- Application must be submitted no later than 6 months from the purchase date. Paperwork submitted after January 31, 2023 will fall under 2023 program rules and rebate levels.
- Rebates are subject to program fund availability and are not guaranteed.
The City of St. Charles reserves the right to verify eligibility and installation of the appliance. Rebates are processed on a first come first serve basis until funds are depleted with a maximum benefit of $500.00 per year. Rebates will be processed for purchases made within six months of submission.