When looking for new products for your home, look for those that are a minimum of ENERGY STAR rated. ENERGY Star was created to help consumers easily identify products, homes and buildings that save energy and money, and help protect the environment.
Rebates will not exceed the purchase price.
St. Charles Utility Customers may qualify for our Single Family Home Energy Efficiency Rebates. To be eligible, customers must meet the following conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Qualifying equipment must be installed on property served by St. Charles municipal electric utility and is subject to inspection.
- Rebate offers apply to new equipment only. Reconditioned, refurbished, or second-hand equipment is not eligible for a rebate.
- Attach itemized receipt or invoice for qualifying equipment including the following information:
- Store or contractor name
- Date of purchase or installation
- Make/model of qualifying equipment
- Price of qualifying equipment
- Attach yellow tag showing ENERGY STAR emblem if applicable.
- Attach LED light bulb/fixture information showing actual watts used and output wattage. (i.e. 9w used/60w output)
- Attach building permit for heating and cooling equipment where noted.
- Application must be submitted no later than 6 months from the purchase date. Paperwork submitted after January 31, 2020 will fall under 2020 program rules and rebate levels.
- Rebates are subject to program fund availability and are not guaranteed.
The City of St. Charles reserves the right to verify eligibility and installation of the appliance. Rebates are processed on a first come first serve basis until funds are depleted with a maximum benefit of $500.00 per year. Rebates will be processed for purchases made within six months of submission.
Residential Energy Star Rebates
ENERGY STAR® APPLIANCE REBATES
|Not to exceed $500 total per year|
|Additional rebates are available for recycling working refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, and room air-conditioners. See recycling flyer or call City Hall for more information (507) 932-3020|
|ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators (7.75 cu. ft. or greater)||$125|
|ENERGY STAR® Compact Refrigerators (Less than 7.75 cu. ft.)||$25|
|ENERGY STAR® Freezers||$50|
|ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers||$50|
|ENERGY STAR® Clothes Washers||$100|
|ENERGY STAR® Clothes Dryers||$25|
|ENERGY STAR® Room Air Conditioners||$15|
|ENERGY STAR® Dehumidifiers||$15|
|ENERGY STAR® Air Purifiers||$25|
|TOTAL REBATE (must be less than 50% of the total purchase cost)|
|Central Air Conditioners (>14 SEER)*||$100 per unit|
|Central A/C Tune-ups||$50 per unit|
|Air-Source Heat Pumps (>14 SEER)*||$150 per unit|
|Geothermal Heat Pumps*||$200 per ton|
|Mini-Split Ductless Heat Pumps*||$200 per ton|
|Gas Furnaces (> 94% AFUE)*||$75 per unit|
|Heat Pump Water Heaters*||$200 per unit|
|Programmable Thermostats (not eligible in new homes)||$15|
|ENERGY STAR® Smart Thermostats||$50|
|LED Bulbs (up to 15 Watts)||$5 per bulb|
|LED Bulbs (16 Watts or greater)||$10 per bulb|
|LED Light Fixtures||$20 per fixture|
|TOTAL REBATE (must be less than 50% of the total purchase cost, excluding labor, not to exceed $200)|
BONUS RECYCLING REBATES
|Bonus Recycling Rebates: *Not to exceed 50% of cost (must be energy star)|
|Room Air Conditioner||$15*|