Attention Pet Owners,
City staff has made a few changes to the Cat and Dog licenses this year. Please review the changes and process for submitting your pet license below.
- Animal licenses have been combined into a universal pet license.
- We are accepting pet license applications and vaccination records via email or fax to email@example.com or 507-932-5301.
- Application forms can be found at the button to the left.
- Payments can be made online using the link on the application form.
- Applications received via email will have registration tags mailed via USPS once all vaccination records, application, and payment are received.
- In person applications will only be accepted during City Hall business hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. No evening registration events will be held.
- Late fee will be imposed December 1, 2020 for any previously license cats or dogs failing to be renewed by December 1, 2020.
Sample of ordinance changes to note:
- All Pet Licenses will expire September 30 of even numbered years.
- New Pet Licenses issued throughout the year will only be pro-rated within 180 days prior to expiration date. Any new license issued within 180 days from expiration will be charged 50% of the fee.
- Fees will be $20 for unaltered pets and $10 for spayed/neutered pets.
- Pets under 12 months of age who will be altered (spayed/neutered) do not need to be licensed until after the surgery.
Please contact City Hall if you have any questions at 507-932-3020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org